Monday, September 28, 2009

Valkyrie

You did not bear the shame
You resisted
Sacrificing your life
For freedom, justice and honor 
- German Resistance Memorial, Berlin 

Over the weekend my son rented the movie Valkyrie.  I resisted renting it earlier because I don't want to add to Tom Cruise's war chest.

I'm glad he got it for us. It was really a good movie and from what I can research fairly factual. Though I resisted, it was hard not to consider parallels with today. Not that I want anything to happen to our president, I pray for his and our nations safety every day. It's just that I see and feel the conviction of knowing our country is so off course that the constitution of our founders will soon be forever lost.

As "We the People" it is time to put our own operation Valkyrie into effect.

This picture reminds me of the end of a famous American document... "we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."  I look forward to meeting these men in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment