Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Proud when my son burned the American flag...

There are certain images that always cause me to stop and to ponder their significance. Retiring Old Glory is one of them. It's sad most will never experience and share in it's importance and sanctity of these events. My son, in red, was able a few weeks earlier with a few scouts from his pack, present a new flag to fly at the library during a presentation by Vietnam Vets. The worn flag was brought to our scout camp-out where it was retired properly by burning. Just as we did then, I salute it one final time and pledge...
 
I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it Stands
One Nation Under God
Indivisible
with Liberty and Justice for All.
Don't loose faith and hope. We are one under God and we will not be divided. My allegiance is to the country of our founders. To it's... our Constitution. To protect from all enemies, foreign and domestic. May my sons hold and protect that pledge and oath and pass them on to their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment