Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fighting the urge to be a .... Zonie?!

Growing up and living my 48 years here in Southern California, let me tell you, we do have different seasons here. Yes they are hard to distinguish sometimes. But we can usually diferentiate them by the tourists that show up to visit... extendedly. Winter brings the snow birds, usually older retirees filling up the rv parks. Dennys between 4 and 5 in the afternoon is the barometer for this. Come summer though... a new creature appears. The dreaded ZONIES! If you have ever seen a picture of our beaches here in the summer... the really white people... no these are not Californians, it's the migration of the Zonies. You know this to be true when the stores are stripped of Coors Light and you can not find parking at any Mexican fast food restaurant. Beware!

Ok ok... I rag on my neighbors to the east. It's all in fun because I have freinds and family there. They are good people. Actually, I'm envious right now and keep thinking if Arizona could be in my future... ?

Concealed Carry-No Permit Required! Wow! They actually read the Bill of Rights! Can you imagine? They're even ahead of Texas of all states on this one.

Now they've decided to enforce their own immigration laws. Illegal is illegal. WOW!

Oh... here is a buzz kill... McCain. I guess we'll wait till after November to see if they are really committed to returning to the constitution.

But for now, why would you want to leave this state? Yes it's 130º in the summer... but it's a dry heat! :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't like the law they just passed in Zonieland, because it gives police the authority to search papers without warrant, with the officer's say-so being the only cause.

    So, if you do something they don't like, all they need to do is say, "I need to see some ID."

    I would rather the federal government did its federal job of guarding the border, or the border states could guard them, but inside the U.S. a person is innocent until proven guilty.

    Rounding up illegals at the workplace is the way to go, and it wouldn't expand police powers, as you only need to investigate the business's records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living so close to the border you can not imagine the problems we have here. We are overrun. Yes the federal government was entrusted with just a few things and protecting our border was one. This they have failed and I am glad the legislator and governor from Arizona had juevos enough to take it into there own hands. I think the probable cause clause is still going to be enforced to check people for legal status here. But if it walks like a duck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, I can assure you, practically living on I-35, I can imagine the problems you have.

    Kansas is millions of dollars in debt mostly due to illegals, thus raising my taxes; plus, I have to work with them, and believe me, they're worthless in the workplace.

    As it is, I know one can present fake ID at a DMV and be told to come back with something real (heard it from the horse's mouth), so that's where we should be nabbing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I carry and proud of it. The bill of rights should be all the permit required. Instead it costs me $35.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. <--pro Arizona, pro legal citizens. Powder is dry and stocked however voting is my weapon of choice.

    ReplyDelete