Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Lone Star Amongst Fifty

In Southern Cal., the word local is used quite a bit. I have run across some who believe after 6 months they have a right to claim this word as there own. Especially those that move here and now don't want anyone else to.

I've lived in San Diego County my entire 47 years. Though I have visited many places I have always been a Californian... until now. As of the 15th of April, in the year of 2009, I officially forgo my title of Californian and now without any coercion or force, call myself a Texan!

That feels somewhat awesome. Why?...

The Constitution, like I have stated before is pretty amazing. Fundamental rights and liberties that have been entrusted to us. A group of amendments that have made us the strongest and greatest nation to ever exist, in just 233 years. And while all have a special meaning and importance, the 10th establishes a specific role in how and what the federal gov. is allowed to do,

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This is the check and balance our founders put in to protect us from what has been going on the last 100 years. It has been allowed... WE HAVE ALLOWED it to be totally disregarded. I do not see anywhere in the Constitution things like gas tax, miles per gallon rules, national education, health care, even Social Security. I could go on and on but I think the biggy to think about... where is the feds ALLOWED to use our money for bailouts and pork projects?

NOWHERE!

Back to Texas... Governor Rick Perry spoke yesterday of the possibility of seceding from the union because of the feds abuse regarding the 10th amendment. Yes it was a rally and yes he is a politician. But WOW!. Finally, a state has mentioned it. And the people are excited. The Constitution isn't complicated. It was meant to be simple for the politician sake. But look what has happened. It's europe west now. Maybe we need an amendment that states they have to follow the other amendments. Maybe we need to r
educe it by say... 75%. That's at least a start. Or then again states can just choose to leave. Do you really think Texas needs the rest of us? I mean the rest of you( I'm Texan now!). They... We have our own oil, ag system, BEER, space program and football. We've (I'm getting the hang of it) actually flown under 6 different flags in our life. Now it's time to be on our own again. Don't mess with us.

Now if I can just secede my 3.5 acres in Valley Center from out of California. I ordered the flag. Let me know and I'll invite you all over for a Texas Barbecue this summer... I'm not kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment